Wednesday, March 4, 2009
GREAT CAUSE!
My friend Karalee is hosting an auction on their blog for the health care of her brother-in-law...
Robert, 24, is fighting leukimia (AML) for the second time. He was first diagnosed in November 2007 and completed four rounds of chemo and a bone marrow transplant in the following 9 months. He has been recovering since the end of July 2008. On Friday, February 6, 2009, he was called by his doctors because they found leukemia cells in his routine blood work. He was admitted to the hospital that night and is currently undergoing a round of chemo and making plans for a second bone marrow transplant. He is cared for by his wife Ashley, 23 and his parents Linda and Ken Ashworth. We are telling their story and fundraising for his ongoing care here!
There are some fun little things to bid on so in case you might be interested...
http://thegarberfam.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ashley you are awesome. Thank you.
Hi Ashley,
Just following up on your almond milk question...I have it down to a science now, though it was a bit challenging the first couple times. Check out my recipe on www.thedailydelights.com
I've loved using the almond pulp in smoothies, pancakes, granola, and muffins. I make the almond milk about every 5 days, and you do need to soak the almonds...so there is some lead time involved. For us it is worth the savings and one more fun thing for the kiddos and I to do together. It's worth trying it out. Let me know how it goes! :)
ps. noticed birthsource on your blogroll. I love Amy. We've had our three at home after her fabulous class. Take care! trina
Hey Ashley you won a set of cards in the auction. Email me at karaleegarber@hotmail.com so I can run them to you. Thank you so much.
Post a Comment