Can I just start by saying YUM!!! My friend set up a tour of Great Harvest Bread Co. our the kids. It was a lot of fun! First they learned a bit about the ingredients and machines used to make the breads. Then they each got a little piece of dough to shape that was then baked in the hugest oven that I had ever seen!! It holds something like 500 loaves of bread at a time! While their bread was baking, the tour guide (sorry I forget her name, but she was super cute and as sweet as candy!) read The Red Hen to the kids, during which we all got a slice of warm cinnamon-raisin bread (way too good for words). When all was said done they got a little activity packet to take home with their fresh bread packed inside! Thanks Britt, we had a blast! Tuesday, June 30, 2009
GREAT HARVEST
Can I just start by saying YUM!!! My friend set up a tour of Great Harvest Bread Co. our the kids. It was a lot of fun! First they learned a bit about the ingredients and machines used to make the breads. Then they each got a little piece of dough to shape that was then baked in the hugest oven that I had ever seen!! It holds something like 500 loaves of bread at a time! While their bread was baking, the tour guide (sorry I forget her name, but she was super cute and as sweet as candy!) read The Red Hen to the kids, during which we all got a slice of warm cinnamon-raisin bread (way too good for words). When all was said done they got a little activity packet to take home with their fresh bread packed inside! Thanks Britt, we had a blast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment